Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sits & Sleeps: Artist to Follow - Louise Despont

Louise Despont's The Host

When it comes to art in my home, I'm still figuring out what I like and don't like. I know I don't like bold graphics or mottos or figure paintings. Geometric, sketchy, somewhat abstract forms. In July, I'll be moving, and I'm looking for art and art inspiration to decorate the new place. I'm currently loving the work of Brooklyn artist, Louise Despont. Her art is typically graphite and colored pencils on antique paper - absolutely love the results and the intricate patterns. All images are from her website.
Louise Despont's The Serpens
Louise Despont's The Revelers
Louise Despont's Sandglass
Louise Despont's Constellation Symptom No. 3
The last one is my personal favorite, which one do you like?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...