Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Giraffes

From left to right by rows: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 

Lately, I've had an obsession with giraffes in home decor (pillows, prints, sculptures, wall hangings, etc) as well as tech accessories (iPhone cases, wall paper backgrounds, etc). They are such elegant animals, and they've got a very peaceful, serene nature about them. I'm trying to gather inspiration/make a plan for my home, especially for my new place in July/August. I want to be very concrete and decisive about any new purchasing decisions. Right now, if I just randomly purchased what I would want, I would have an entire house filled of giraffe prints and pillows - excessive - but by the time August rolls around, I might have one or two. They also seem to have a gender neutral quality to them.

You know the whole people-animal look alike thing, well, mine is probably a giraffe. Even just the body - long, skinny on top, big booty. So other than their serene quality, I've probably got a natural affinity to the creatures. Then, last week, I watched The Campaign and thought that this clip is probably a metaphor to the visual impact I have when I wear heels.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...