Wednesday, August 14, 2013

my walden

(source)
while homes and apartments have titles, so do den. in my new place, my den is called walden. i want to find a daybed/sofa for the space, so that I could, ideally, read for hours on the weekends. and, with the window completely covered in ivy, the little 8' x 8' room is my perfect weekend retreat. then, when discussing this with lisa, thoreau and walden came up, and i thought what a perfect place to spend a majority of my time figuring out how i'm going to simplify my life.

in college, when talking with my friends about the actual book (because that's what smithies do, stay up late discussing classic american literature...), we got in a little comment about the sanity of thoreau, and my friend made the comment that what thoreau really needed was some lady-love, and he didn't account for it in his master plan. if i need some man love in my walden, i can yell down hallway for A.

from an interior design perspective, i have a hefty desk and large horizontal piece of art for that room, but that's it for furniture. Using pinterest to guide me in my thrifting, these are some of my favorites pins.

(source)
rustic
(source)
eclectic with mid century accents
(source)
white and black.
(source)
kind love this one.
(source)
the mix of rustic, b&w, and mid century.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...