Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Moving, Part 1

We're moving! Not the blog, but me (Lindsay) as an actual person. Two years of living in my garden apt. and four years living in either Lakeview or Lincoln Park, it is time for a change. Unfortunately, when I told my landlord that I wouldn't be renewing again, I did not know that the rental market in Chicago was as cut throat as it is. A and I made appointments to see at least 3-4 places, and they were rented before we could even see them! Luckily, we found a great place in Wicker Park/Bucktown, and we are very excited for the move. Here's some photos from the listing.
There's a couple things about moving and being sustainable. Hopefully, this is a place we will be at for a while (because who likes moving?!? and LOOK HOW BIG IT IS!)
  • Actual Moving: Boxes, movers, how many trips back and forth? Cleaning? So many decisions. 
  • Furniture: After we applied for the place and signed the lease, we realized how big the new space is compared to our current place. Plus, my brother and his fiancee are taking the futon (THANK YOU!) So, I will definitely be trying to figure out how to furnish this new place - using current items, recycled items, and things I make on my own. 
  • Amenities of the New Place: Central Air, Washer/Dryer in Unit, and a Dishwasher....I haven't had the four of these things for four years. What to use? What not to use...these are the bigger questions that I'm trying to rationalized. Do I get a stationary bike that generates energy with us? Window solar panels?  
  • The Garden Apt. - Everyone asks me, "Will you still call the blog  The Garden Apt.?" Yes! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...