Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sharing of Stuff

Even though I have lived in my apartment for almost a year and half now, my living room still doesn't feel like me. My main project this month is to go through all the stuff, sell/give back what I don't like, and create my game plan for the living area. With the "man" moving his stuff in, my living room isn't really feeling like me. And thus, I'm living in a full blown mix of his and mine stuff, and we have sharing of stuff chaos. This, of-course, worsens my living room anxiety. So I am on the hunt - for a new couch and media center/console. With the couch, I'm looking at a love seat. I'm probably going to be living in an apartment for a few more years, and it's definitely going to be the man and I. No need for a bigger couch.

Dream Living Room:  White, mid-century pieces, unlimited budget. 
Reality: White, faux, mid-century pieces under $1000 for entire thing.

Currently Craving

Love seat : Overstock
Media Console - Debate
Love the West Elm Dresser, hate the price tag ($999)
The console has to be big enough to "hide" the speaker thats almost 22 inches.
Side Table Ideas
Thinking about using a wired book case to store my plethora of plants. 

It is funny. These pieces aren't even in my "dream ideal." They are some toned down version of what I can afford. If I had my dream, it wouldn't be West Elm and Cb2 pieces, but I am a firm believer in living within my means. Right now, that's not possible, especially all at once.

Thus, I'm on the search. One of these weekends, I am planning on hunting around various resale shops and antique stores to find some pieces that would work. My priority is going to the couch and media/console first. Suggestions?

1 comment :

  1. I like your choice of home furniture and accessories! I think that they are great for small apartments or rentals like mine at apartments in Dearborn MI.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...