Friday, January 11, 2013

Work Week Outfits in 9 Pieces


The work wardrobe is probably the bane of most female adult's existences. As my friend said, "I wouldn't be caught dead outside of work in my work clothes." But it is my work clothes that I spend most of my day, my week, my life in. So my work clothes need to be something that I would be caught outside of work in. Clothes that I love and that I feel comfortable wearing. When I first entered the workforce a couple years ago, it was a huge dilemma - what to wear to work. I can't even tell you how many pairs of work pants and blouses that I have bought. After cleaning out my closet, figuring out what looks best on me, and realizing that "yes, I can wear the same pants in the same week," I don't really need much. Thus, I present to you a whole week's worth of work outfits in nine pieces (shoes included). Obviously the winter outerwear and jewelry/scarves are not included, but the big pieces - blouses, pants, skirts and shoes are in here.
Clock-wise from the top left: 
Chambray Button-down // Sleeveless blouse // Black Skirt //
Animal Print Heels // Red Sweater // Black Dress // Black Pants // 
Long Cardigan // Black Heels


After putting these outfits together, it really made me think about how few things a person needs and how a little can go a very long way. Moreover, it did make me think about my current closet, and I really have a lot of clothes! Ah! The things I wish I knew when I first started working a few years ago! 

Here are my tips & tricks for shopping for a work wardrobe:
  • Rome was not built overnight, and neither should your collection of work clothes.
  • Buy quality pieces - excellent quality, comfortable, and great fit. If it doesn't match all three characteristics, don't buy it.
  • Shop around for sales. You should never pay full price; unless it is a completely dire situation. Ask the sales assistants about when certain products will come on sale. 
  • You don't need much: 3 bottoms (skirts and pants), 1 nice dress, 1 blazer, 1-2 cardigans, 3-4 blouses, and 2-3 pairs of shoes.
  • Accessories, especially jewelry, always complete an outfit. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...