Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Winter Outerwear Essentials

Work Bag // Glittens // Coat (old) // Headband // Boots

This weekend, I spent a few hours going through my closet and putting things together. My current winter outerwear repertoire consists of this - my J. Crew Attache work bag, J. Crew Glittens and headband, the Cole Haan wool-cashmere peacoat that I have had since my first year of college (2005-2006), and my Vero Cuoio boots that I bought at Lori's Chicago sometime in college. I've had other coats and boots since then, but they have come and gone (by gone, I mean worn out). Both the coat and the boots were investment purchases, and they have paid off. Their quality is still unbelievable. These items really make me think about what I was buying when I was 23/24 and ensuring that now when I make purchases they are on quality items. 

As for the black, I always feel like I'm dressing well when I wear black. Since outerwear should last a few years, the black can remain, but I can add scarves and broches to give pops of color to these staples. I'm easily attracted to different color trends - scarves and small items of jewelry are an also economical way to stay current. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...